Category C (Class 2) LGV / HGV training runs around Angus and Tayside and uses the DVSA Test Centres in Aberdeen and Perth. C is the category that allows you to drive a rigid vehicle over 3,500kg. Typically these type of vehicles go up to 32,000kg. C1 is the category that allows you to drive a rigid vehicle between 3,500kg and 7,500kg.
It is also the category that you must pass to receive the C+E provisional entitlement in order to proceed to Category C+E Training.
We offer various combinations of Category C training courses:
- Standard training course is a 5 day course of tuition. In busy periods, this will be on a 2 to 1 basis.
- Courses can be tailored to suit and are charged at £45 per hour.
- If you need to do your CPC practical as well, we can incorporate this into a training course.
Once you have passed both your Multiple Choice and Hazard Perception theory tests your C practical course can be arranged and the practical test can be booked – the test lasts approximately 1.5 hours.
The Category C practical test consists of several parts:
- ‘Show Me Tell Me‘ – You will be asked 5 questions from the list
- Reverse Manoeuvre – Off Road (See Below)
- General Road Driving – On Road
- Independent Drive – On Road
When attending training and test you MUST have BOTH parts of your licence and theory certificate.
Upon passing your Category C practical test, your examiner will send your licence to the DVLA for updating to the full entitlement. The DVLA will also add the Category C+E provisional entitlement.
If you are planning to drive a LGV for a living and are required to do the Driver Initial CPC Qualification, then that is the next step.